PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:54 am Reply with quote
Posts: 589 Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:55 pm Location: Kobe, Japan
My Band...

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Posts: 60 Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:29 pm Location: Pest Control Vehickle
MY Band!

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Posts: 327 Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:48 am Location: Peniston North
yes yes yes my band. am currently putting threads in what was 'other shit' into 'around the stove' as they are the same thing.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO IT ALL AT ONCE???

otherwise can you help rob????? there is a million fukn posts to move

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote
can you not just select a whole bunch of the tick boxes?

p.s

WHOA-OHHH!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:41 am Reply with quote
Posts: 760 Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:59 am Location: Washington DCWebsite: http://www.myspace.com/gappman
well when I first saw the my band section (thanks to someone else's observations), I imediately thought it was a tribute to snuff for all his hard work at $lave... then I thought nah.... consiidering the people that now appear to be running $lave, it must be all about that band that they are all in, hellborne :twisted: I guess Rob has shed some light in the sticky thing about what this new section might be

I proudly wore white sneakers, black jeans, and my G'n'R tour tee shirt to my first day of university in 1993 ;)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:47 am Reply with quote
Posts: 1037 Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:30 am Location: The Swamp.....unfortunatelyWebsite: http://www.myspace.com/rob_spleen
Quote:
well when I first saw the my band section (thanks to someone else's observations), I imediately thought it was a tribute to snuff for all his hard work at $lave... then I thought nah.... consiidering the people that now appear to be running $lave, it must be all about that band that they are all in, hellborne :twisted: I guess Rob has shed some light in the sticky thing about what this new section might be, it is anything but self explanatory.... there should really be some sort of explanation in the changes here as they happen.
Yeah, its slowly happening bro, backstage I guess.

I agree warning is needed before any ther major changes happen in the future, I will try my damndest I promise you, as this is a community no?

:lol: still waiting for your solo jazz album to be posted you white smeaker wearing ,slayer listening, plant mutator.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Posts: 1937 Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:49 pm Location: SwampWebsite: http://www.slave.co.nz
Quote:
consiidering the people that now appear to be running $lave, it must be all about that band that they are all in, hellborne
that's just the plain old fashioned untruth.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Posts: 1037 Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:30 am Location: The Swamp.....unfortunatelyWebsite: http://www.myspace.com/rob_spleen
Quote:
Quote:
consiidering the people that now appear to be running $lave, it must be all about that band that they are all in, hellborne
that's just the plain old fashioned untruth.
I think it has alot to do with appearance. From outside it does look alot like that-and WoS and Rogue State.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:41 am Reply with quote
Posts: 197 Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:50 am Location: Knowledge City
haha it does look like that...and its also one of the reasons i have unsubscribed from the slave commitee/council/whatever group

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
haha it does look like that...and its also one of the reasons i have unsubscribed from the slave commitee/council/whatever group
Well, do you want permission to get in there without being in the user group?

I just think you could have more influence in there than out here.

Help me here bro!
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:55 am Reply with quote
Posts: 760 Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:59 am Location: Washington DCWebsite: http://www.myspace.com/gappman
it most certainly does look like an exclusive club is forming.... I thought this was a collective? I really think someone has their wires crossed. So whats the exclusive list thing about? I guess there will be a rep from each $lave band on it? Only the fair way of doing things I guess if things have to exclusive in a collective

I proudly wore white sneakers, black jeans, and my G'n'R tour tee shirt to my first day of university in 1993 ;)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:18 am Reply with quote
Ok I am speaking as a Mod here, not my opinions.

The user group was formed on the intention to have a ongoing meeting,accesable at anytime to discuss the ideas and running of the collective,quickly and efficiently,between people activly involved, without being in the view of the general public.

Did everyone who has registered on this board attend the Slave meeting? No? Then why do they need to see what is happening inside the Members forum? Perhaps if they had they would have been on the list,I don't know. As I have stated I don't have a copy of the minutes(This is not a dig at MarkedOne btw) so I only know what I have been told.edit=ex-pats obviously couldn't attend;-) Thanks for pointing out the omission Gapp

The list of names was given to me as Moderator and acting board Admin to admit to the member area.
I DO NOT KNOW WHO IS IN A BAND OR WHAT BAND IS STILL PLAYING/RECORDING AND WHAT BAND IS STILL OPERATING UNDER THE SLAVE FLAG.
If you want admission PM me with your reason
eg: You are active in the running of Slave or would like to be,your in a Slave band etc and I will pass it on.

I stated in the email/PM I sent out to all admitted into the User Group (including Punkgolfer ;-)) to give me the other names to allow access. If noone helps me I can't do anything about it.

Ok, my opinion as Rob

All bands should have representation,if not all members of bands should be admitted,and also artist,and photographers...if they are working in Slave.

I agree (again) it looks as though it is a little club forming, and this time instead of outside I am inside, so I can understand the frustration.

I am not suggesting there is a club forming. Its just an observation.

Last edited by Rob on Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:15 am Reply with quote
Maybe I am the only ones that cares to post, or maybe I am the only one that is grumpyy about what I see happening, if that is the case then its not a biggy. However, I know that there are alot of people out there that swing past read and don't post, have an opinion and say stuff outside of here. If some of those people share my opinion(s) then I am like a voice for them. I think when changes are made, then the user group, which I think would be like the the registered users of this forum, should be informed as changes take place. I say the registered ussers of this forum are the user group as you are using the forum for communication means. If there is a select section for communication and decisions to be made, it can still be open to the registered ussers, just special people can actually post there. That wopuld make thigngs far more transparent. I know it can be done, the nothingface board uses something similar.
Quote:
Did everyone who has registered on this board attend the Slave meeting? No? Then why do they need to see what is happening inside the Members forum?
what a fuckin crock of shit..... In my position, I could not physically attend the meeting being so fuckin far away. Others like me would not be able to attend due to other commintments, and others might not feel welcome. I gave a fuck about $lave a little while back, but the way things look now, I couldn't care less. I have stuff to offer, but I guess you exclusive types don't wanna tap into stuff I can help with.... I have offered, but no one has approached me, so I give up. Good look with your agendas/endevours/whatevers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:27 am Reply with quote
Quote:
........what a fuckin crock of shit..... In my position, I could not physically attend the meeting being so fuckin far away. Others like me would not be able to attend due to other commintments, and others might not feel welcome. I gave a fuck about $lave a little while back, but the way things look now, I couldn't care less. I have stuff to offer, but I guess you exclusive types don't wanna tap into stuff I can help with.... I have offered, but no one has approached me, so I give up. Good look with your agendas/endevours/whatevers
Obviously ex-pats arent included in the "if you didn't turn up thing"....considering I am also in a different country. I'll edit that part of the post.

I can't remember what you offerd in the other thread,I'll have to go look:-P

I'll get back to this after I have read your old post and edited the quoted one.

edit: I carry on.....

This is what you offerd for anyone who has a bad memory like me:
Quote:
not sure what I can do from 10 000 miles away.... I do want to help. I'm not very computer savvy unfortunately, but I am here often posting, although will more than likely be away from it for the next month or so due to holiday with my folks being here. I can offer advice, and be a bitch online lol.... if anyone thinks there are other things I could do from afar, then let me know (PM might be easiest). I want to help out if I can.
As for not turning up due to prior comitments, PM me! How many times have I posted this in the last day? As for not feeling welcome, well thats something that I think this discussion is addressing sort of. Again PM me.

I'll get back to this.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:39 am Reply with quote
basically I offered ideas.... meeting etc are about discussing ideas and what not right? You know I have been around abit and bbeen invoolved on committees etc, know how thingss work, obbservant etc... if you need to go look at what I posted before, so be it.... I guess I think I might have more to offer than $lave thinks I do, maybe that is the case. I'm not bothered, just tired and grumpy etc. I really think things should be dealt with differently. If the people at the meeting decided things were gonna be a certain way.. cool, I guess that was a collective decision.... but you need to make the decisions available for people to see that would have loved to be at the meeting that couldnt physically make it. It should be a priority, especially iif you are using this type of forum now to hold your meetings.