<  My Band  ~  Applications to play NZ O-week due

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Posts: 1037 Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:30 am Location: The Swamp.....unfortunatelyWebsite: http://www.myspace.com/rob_spleen
Aparently,it was just suggested to me, that the $25 dollar is not for apply for local shows only for out of town Unis....or something like that. So if you want to play on the tour, you pay to apply.For just playing at Massey, you don't cough up 25 smackeroos.

Edit; Here is a link, it'd doesn't really say much more. I'll keep looking :)

http://www.orientation.co.nz/about.htm

If this whole thing is as it seems, I think we have miss read Dodgys post, or something like that. If so I apoligize for my rant in advance of definative info.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Posts: 60 Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:29 pm Location: Pest Control Vehickle
so much has happened since yesterday.

Yes the fee is for applying to go into the NZCAN (New Zealand Campus Arts Network) O-week book, which they have printed with info and stuff from all the bands and then they discuss you and blah blah blah (Yes a lot of bands, even popular ones pay to get into the book, bascially because if you're not in the book they assume you either dont wanna/or can't play O-week.)

Obviously I should have explained it better but frankly I couldn't be bothered and figured that if there was a problem either you'd all just start a debate amongst yourselves or ask me...

And yes to the other point as well, local bands only wanting to play palmys Orientation need not apply, but should instead come and visit us to talk about it as I consider myself far too important to be chasing after you cunts :wink: AND as the current events co-ordinator is a pom, is would be unfair (not-to-mention a little on the arrogant side) to assume she is familiar with your band/act/whatever so Im sure she would appreciate being approached to have a yarn about it. She's very appproachable and may even make you a cup-o-tea if you come for a visit :)

....and finally does everyone realise we had HEAPS more palmy bands play this year? FAKER, HALUCIAGEA, BING TURKBY, DUB ARKESTRA + DJ SUCH N SUCH all played this year during O-week...there were probably more but can't rememebr sorry (post-orientation traumatic stress disorder I think it's called.)

wait, wait I forgot...We are here to give the students what they want, and while I or Clare may personally think you're bands cool we don't organise gigs based on our opinions, but the students'.

Over and out, roger rubber ducky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Posts: 1037 Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:30 am Location: The Swamp.....unfortunatelyWebsite: http://www.myspace.com/rob_spleen
Hey thanks for the info Dodgy, I think we can all begin to feel embarrassed now. Mwahahahaha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Gapper has been kind enough to draw to my attention the fact that some of you thought I sounded like an arrogant pretentious bastard in earlier posts.
Perhaps I did, perhaps I hit a nerve, whatever.
Fact is, If you know me and you think I'm a wanker- sweet as, more power to you!
If you don't know me, I suck at the english, so I wasn't saying I was better than you, blah blah wank, wank. But merely that I might know know who you/ or your band are so you might have to draw yourselves to our attention. Don't take it personally if I don't turn up to your gig. I manage Mubar so am there working while you're gigs on.

Seriously, if you wanna play a gig, come and see us. We are not scary...just a little weird...

If you have a problem/issue you wanna discuss, please approach me about it so we can perhaps turn it into something constructive. If no one comes to see me, I will assume everything is sweet.

How will I know what I am doing wrong if nobody tells me.

I will make the effort if you do, it goes both ways...

Cheers to Rob, Jimmy and Gapper for drawing my attention to this situation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Hahaha well I just wrote a nice big post, but I look up to see my batteries in my keyboard must have shat themselves, so I'll just say this:

1.Some people don't get sarcasim on the net and lots just seem to miss it ( I try to read everything as sarcastic to be safe). :P
2.We are easily more arrogant than most.
3.I like beer and girl bits.
4.Max smells like cheese, and I'll let everyone guess which variety...*sniffs* so do I.

Last edited by Rob on Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I can clarify that pretty much everything i say is gonna be sarcastic!!!!
I don't know why, it just comes out like that!

To Do List- Monday:

1: Smell Max

(I'm quite a fan of cheese)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Well your opinion may change after smelling his particular aroma!

How do I know? He sent me some undies. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:09 pm Reply with quote
ew........they must have medication for that sort of thing.....

It's one thing for Max to send you undies, but it's another thing for you to smell them!
You cheesy undie smeller you....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Me? :shock: Never!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Posts: 327 Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:48 am Location: Peniston North
mmmmmm crotch-cheese....

Im sure i sent you something much more intimate didnt I Rob?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
mmmmmm crotch-cheese....

Im sure i sent you something much more intimate didnt I Rob?
Well actually I forgot about THEM mwahahaha