<  Reviews  ~  Tankapalooza 2012

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:12 am Reply with quote
Posts: 534 Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:27 am Location: P-City HXC
What a great night, pretty huge turnout. There were over 300 tickets sold, however I would say only about 200 came.

All the wrong reasons pulled out on the day as I heard their guitarist decided he didnt want to be in the band anymore, so we were down to 12 bands.

Robin started off the show with some good vibes to get into it.

Blue Grizzly were great, Roadhouse Blues a personal highlight.

Shamrock were cool, some sick beard action and they were tight.

Dick Tracy - We had a good time, people partied, we partied. Didnt manage to catch Dirt Box Charlie because they were on at the same time as us I think.

Diamond Sutra are full talented peeps. They really feel their vibes too which I love. If tehy had a drummer I could see them cranking venues massivly.

Roxxlide - Personal highlight of the night. Covers were immaculate and stage prescence amazing.

Them Dirty Saints - Always good.

The Rascal Kings, what can I say, they are always tight.

I bailed next door close to the end of their set to watch the league so didnt get to catch any other bands, heard Girft of Ruin though, they are loud.

Good as night times.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Posts: 1937 Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:49 pm Location: SwampWebsite: http://www.slave.co.nz
Was a cool show, Well done to the organisers. I thought Dick Tracy reminded a bit of Clutch? but that's probably just me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:35 am Reply with quote
Posts: 534 Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:27 am Location: P-City HXC
That's cool to hear. We are quite influenced by the likes of Clutch, CKY, Red Fang, Truck Fighters etc.

Just found out last night we won the Tankapalooza scholarship which gives us $1000 and $500 recording time at the Tummy. Super pumped.